God's Canvas

God's Canvas

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

It is April... Where did Three months go?

Hello all!! I have taken a long (too long) break. It's amazing how quickly time flies. 

I am now 38 weeks pregnant and still no sign of her arrival. I have a bit to do in preparation of her coming. I am getting anxious to meet her. These last few days I have over stressed myself with everything that hasn't been done yet. Why do we do that to ourselves?? Worry and wonder, plan and plan, but never quite getting things checked off our list? I imagine I do it because I have good intentions, but I lack the full energy to accomplish it. At any rate, I was talking with a dear friend about it and she shared some fantastic advice with me. 

She shared this quote with me: " the only things that really need to be accomplished in the home are daily scripture study and prayer and weekly family home evening" - Linda S. Reeves

This was a good reminder for me. Everything will work itself out! I just need to focus on my family right here and now. She also reminded me these are the last few days of my little guy being the only child. His world is about to change and I want him to know that I am here for him! 

It has and is supposed to be warm for the rest of the week. I am hoping we can make it outside and play together each day for a while. 

I'm so grateful for the small and simple reminders of my friends and family that all is well. Life is sweet and full of so many blessings. We just have to open our eyes and see what we have been given (not just temporal things, but look at all we have been blessed to have in our lives). 

Each of you take a step back today and look for the blessings you have been given. 



No comments:

Post a Comment