God's Canvas

God's Canvas

Thursday, April 24, 2014

What a difference little children can be

It is amazing how things can be so different between two people for the same person. 

When I look back at the delivery of our sweet boy, two and a half years ago, I didn't know what to expect. My water broke at 37 weeks and I was admitted to the hospital.. 12 hours later I was ready to push.. 2 hours later there had still been no progress. So I had a c-section. The whole process was so amazing and incredible. It was full of emotional roller coasters because I didn't know what to expect... ( and let's face it... I just had a baby). I definitely had my ups and downs that first week. 

Now that I have experienced my second labor, I am still amazed at the difference between the two, even though it was me, (the same person) carrying each one. 

With this girl, I waited and waited... Waited for her to come early... Waited for her to come on her own. Waited for any indication that I would be able to hold her in my arms! After so much waiting, it was decided that I would need to have a c-section. I was okay with that. I had come to terms with the fact that that is how it will be from now on with my little ones. 

But the anticipation..... The anxiety! It killed me. Having a due date and passing it only to wait more for the day of the operation. 

The day we came in for the c-section, I was nervous ( a good kind of nervous). I was admitted, I felt comfortable and was ready for her arrival. The procedure was explained to my husband and I and we were calm! I expected to not feel much... I felt more than I had anticipated, but it was worth it to hear the sweet cry of our little miss!

Now she is here and we couldn't be happier!!! I am amazed at the differences between the delivery of each of these sweet spirits and have realized just how important it is to be unique and have your own personality. 

I am so thankful for the blessing I have been given to have children! I am grateful for the personalities and the different things they will have to teach me as they grow older! I am filled with emotion to think about what a calling I have! To be a mother is the most miraculous thing! I hope that I can treasure the differences and uniqueness of my children so they can grow up knowing that life is wonderful and full of lessons and also know that they are loved!



No comments:

Post a Comment