God's Canvas

God's Canvas

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Challenge to Become Something Better

It is only Wednesday, and yet I have felt the pull of idleness like crazy this week. I enjoy relaxing but it is more than "just relaxing".

This weekend I had the wonderfully opportunity to watch a conference that my church puts on for two days. In my church we believe that there is a living prophet on the earth today and he has apostles that share the gospel; just as Christ did when he lived on the earth. It is broadcasted live on television as well as in church buildings and the Conference center in Salt Lake City. At the conference certain members are selected to speak on a subject that they feel needs to be talked about. It is a wonderful experience every six months and it is very spiritually uplifting.

So back to why I think it is strange for me to feel this pull for being lazy... Satan has a funny way of getting into our lives; something so simple as watching one more show on tv.  You would think I would be ready to take on the world after watching conference; but not so. 

Tonight I was preparing for my lesson that I will teach to young women at church this Sunday. What I read was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. I will share just a quote that stood out to me. 

"The gospel challenges us to be "converted", which requires us to do and become." - Dallin H. Oaks

This is such a simple phrase. All I need to do is pick something that I can improve on. If I continue to be idle and lazy, I am not going to make any progress in my life. So I will spend my day "doing" tomorrow instead of being idle. 

Life is wonderful and we all have the opportunity to make it the best it can be. However, every day is not going to be perfect. That is why we can always try again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment