God's Canvas

God's Canvas

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Growing Up

I'm shocked at how big my little guy is getting! He is really tall for his age, so I think most people who don't know him think he is older than he really is. But he really changes every day. 

We just got new carpet yesterday, (it's so WONDERFUL) but as my husband and I were taking things out of the rooms, he told me he didn't want to put the crib back up. So we needed to get Max a new bed; which meant a big part of our Christmas for Max would be given to him before Christmas. But Devin was right we needed to get him out of the crib. 



So last night we found Max a "big boy" bed. He slept just fine in it! I'm amazed at how easy the transition was. He has always been a good boy and had never tried to get out of his crib. So I guess it is no big surprise when he woke up saying, "Mom, come here." Instead of just getting out of bed by himself. I went in to tell him that he could get out of bed himself and showed him how to so it. (That may have been a mistake... We will see how it goes tonight) ;)


(Please ignore the binki) I feel like this is the last big transition we need to make for a little while. However, getting rid of this binki scares me. Lately, Max will wake up screaming for it. (He usually loses it in the middle of the night) which is the first red flag to get rid of it. I'm tired of hearing him scream and I'm tired. However, I'm not ready for the tears right before bed and nap time. I know I need to get rid of it cold turkey for it to work. I just some strength. 


I'm so amazed at what Max is capable of at such a young age. He is our little sponge and repeats everything we say! He makes us so happy and I can't wait for him to be a big brother in April. He is already wanting to play with his baby sister! On to new adventures and learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment