God's Canvas

God's Canvas

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Max is Two!

The other day I went to take out the garbage. I told Max I would be right back and I was. However as I walked up the stairs I heard Max crying. I tried to open the door as I asked him what was wrong.  The door was LOCKED! I panicked a little but still stayed calm. I tried to explain to Max how to unlock the door. He tried, but was unsuccessful. Every once and a while he would say, "Mom, I need help." 

Well I was starting to get a little more worried because I was supposed to watch one of my friends boys. I knew it was getting close to that time and I didn't have my phone to call anyone for help. Luckily, a lady was gracious enough to call the owner of the apartment. 

He wasn't picking up, so she went down the road to where his family worked to see if they could get a hold of them. 

Meanwhile my friend shows up and I still haven't gotten in my apartment. So she tried to help me pick the lock, but we were unsuccessful. She left her sweet cold boy with me as I tried to get Max to unlock the door. 

Just then a man came walking up the stairs. It was the owner's brother. He told me that Troy( the owner) was in the mountains and couldn't get away. So we decided calling the police would be the best option. 

After what seemed like hours, he showed up asking if we wanted to pay for a lock smith or if I wanted him to kick down the door. A lock smith was called and about 20 minutes later, he came. He was there for 2 minutes and I was able to get inside. Max was stuck inside and I was stuck outside for almost two hours.

The crazy thing is that both were locked (padlock and door handle). When I showed Max how to unlock the door, he couldn't do it. 

I learned a great lesson: Always make sure the spare key is accessible. Also I don't ever plan on leaving the house without my keys or my phone again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment